Less is more

It's the glance that you catch from the good-looking stranger as you pass them on the street, or maybe it is the awkward but intriguing eye contact with your secret crush. Ladies and gentleman, everyone knows that appearance is often the first thing that you notice when you meet someone-especially the opposite sex. As fashion evolves more and more, we find that there are more and more styles to keep up with. Yet, "permanent style," (donned by Simon Crompton) remains one of the most essential ingredients of an ensemble. So what are these ingredients? It is the makeup, and this season its all about natural beauty, because come on lets face it... less is more. Pounds and pounds of makeup is for clowns who are performing in circuses, and for people who have something to hide!! It is not for respectable young women. The best way to enhance your style is to accentuate your natural features. Luckily, being natural is extremely low maintenance. As the cold weather rolls around remember to avoid dry skin by applying lotion in the morning and chap-stick throughout the day. Little things like keeping your eyebrows groomed can change your appearance dramatically. Remember, the key to beauty is confidence, instead of reaching for the colors primp yourself and go for the natural glow... it's effortless and beautiful. Just in time, Bobbi Brown has released a new collection with brilliant colors for every skin tone. (see link below)
http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/whatsnew/index.tmpl?cm_guid=1-_-100000000000000009427-_-2444006791&ngextredir=1&cm_mmc=Google-_-Brand-_-General%201-_-bobbi%20brown|-|100000000000000009427
http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/whatsnew/index.tmpl?cm_guid=1-_-100000000000000009427-_-2444006791&ngextredir=1&cm_mmc=Google-_-Brand-_-General%201-_-bobbi%20brown|-|100000000000000009427

5 Comments:
I think its such a shame that girls at young ages start applying make-up to hide and cover themselves..and not just a little blush here and there, I'm talking CAKE BATTER faces!! Over-wearing make-up ruins facial features. SOONER OR LATER, people will start having to depend on make-UP...Cherish your beauty while you are young and you won't have to over-process your face later on in life. O-NATURAL(FACE ONLY LADIES) IS THE BEST WAY TO GO!
Its sad... I hate seeing girls with Pancake-Faces!!! It ruins their Natural Beauty...and they start soooo young! I find lots of girls convering up their acne, then covering up the acne that the Make-up caused! 0-NATURELLE is the best way(i'm talkin just about the face)...Maybe a little here and there but nothing OVER-PROCESSED! p.s. GO to a makeup counter and get lessons or something!
The eyebrows comment is soooo true! I always look better after I get my eyebrows done, even if I don't wear any other makeup. Another great natural trick is to invest in a jar of vaseline (yes, even broke college students can afford the $1 that it costs). I put a little bit on my eyelids in the morning, put it on my lips, and put a little on my eyebrows as well. When you put it on your eyelids, it gives your eyes a soft shimmery look. It protects your lips from the arctic breezes, and it keeps your brow hairs in place. It doesn't get any more natural than that!
I agree- less is always more! Makeup is a great way to look polished/ finished or complete, but less is def a great way to go to get this look.
I have never been into the "unnatural beauty". I like natural hair (no perms and weave ladies), natural nails (painted nails look better than fake ones), and a clean face (that includes the pollution to your face that is called make-up). Natural feels nicer and putting on something fake takes too long. Its okay to make a special occasion more special, but not at the cost of you looking completely different from the person you look like in the morning.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home