Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Trendy Tuesdays: Winter Boots

As winter has officially began (blank stare at the snow outside my window..) it's time to bring out those winter boots. But instead of grabbing for your dusty Uggs, why not try something more trendy? Some of the biggest trends this season have to do with boots! My favorite are tall slouchy suede boots. I have a pair from Steve Madden called "Tianna" and they are perfect. They come in a variety of colors, have the perfect amount of slouch and are extremely comfortable. Also hot are leather slouchy boots that can make your look more polished and sophisticated. Try the "Cassella" boot by Aldo. If you want a fun look, try moccasin inspired boots (yes fringes are in!). They'll match everything your Uggs did but are so much more stylish. Try the "Condor Moccasin Boot" by Forever 21. Finally, to make your footwear stand out even more, try adding a colorful or textured leg warmer/tall sock that will peek out over the top of your boot and give it a different look while keeping your feet warm. If you're going to a more dressy event, a textured fishnet tight looks great with these kind of boots! 

Uggs have been around since the early 2000s, I think it's fair to lay this trend to rest...for good.

P.S. Ankle boots are great for a fun weekend! My fav is "Shayla" from Baker Shoes. 

6 Comments:

Blogger TOBZ101 said...

UGGS ARE SOOO YESTERDAY...although i like the one pair of uggs that have a knit-leg! I love seeing the new trend in boots, and My favorite looks for the season are the Equestrian inspired boots and the slim-legged "go-girl" boots..my friend found 2 great pairs of extra tall boots at DEB and Charlotte Russe. But Ugg offers new styles that are trendy for those who "JUST CAN'T LET THE UGGS GO.."

November 11, 2008 at 2:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! YEsssss I am very tired of UGGS.. alas, after my longggg protest of them, I finally caved and bought a few pair b/c they are sooo comfortable, but Im so excited to have new options now!

:)

November 11, 2008 at 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uggs were never in. All uggs are is ugly warm boots. I have never owned a pair and never will. I have people around me that wear them, but as long as they're not on my feet then I'm good. I have put my foot in one and took it right out without any hesitation.

November 11, 2008 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger Evette said...

I just bought a pair of boots that I love and they aren't uggs.. Though don't be suprised when it feels like alaska outside and I have mine on....

But I do switch it up...

November 11, 2008 at 8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frye offers a nice selection of moderately priced riding boots to wear in more inclement weather. Also if you are feeling froggy for booties marc jacobs butterfly oxford makes quite the statement. And, since the holiday season is approaching, Santa can drop off the Manolo Blahnik Geniaba - a perfectly crafted ankle boot.

November 12, 2008 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger Topaz said...

Chunky Uggs are ugly. It is all about the nice suede boots that you can tuck your jeans into. The problem is that the cute ones are always the ones that aren't waterproof. Where can I get a pair that are cute yet practical?

November 13, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home